Sunday, May 3, 2009

Living These Weekends Like They're Our Last

Songs: This post is long so I suggest a few songs by The Hold Steady
  1. Massive Nights
  2. You Can Make Him Like You
  3. Chillout Tent
Freshman year is coming to an end. I honestly never imagined myself having this much fun or having this many crazy things happen.

This weekend was the second to last weekend me and my friends will be here this year so a few of us wanted to make the most of it... and we did. This picture isn't any of us. It was published by Heeb Magazine.

Some of the stuff that went down...
  • Finally made it to the Liberty Bell where I sat outside and poured vodka into orange soda so that I could take it to First Friday
  • Had so much fun roaming through Old City and the art galleries with my friends and fellow Hard C's, Hard Cocks (I'm afraid one of us will end up with that tattooed on us one night)
  • Apple-pie-shot party
  • Went to a party and had more fun. My friends had fun too haha (hook ups, dancing on couches, stealing ice cream, etc.)
  • Played soccer with random boys who were running down Broad St. passing a soccer ball (a highlight of the highlights of the weekend)
  • Wandered around in the art school's building
  • Had delicious Ethiopian food
  • Was amazed by Temple University's a cappella groups
  • Went to a party (more hookups, dancing and theft haha)
  • Ran away from some random guys on the street
  • Got beeped at by a SEPTA bus
  • Laughed at one friend who was drunkenly attempting to climb onto a bed
  • And then just chilled as we all settled in from a great couple of nights and fun weekend
As sad as it is that I won't have weekends like this as often this summer, I'm glad to have all these memories and to know that next year still has potential to be really fun too.

2 comments:

  1. your blog is delightful! i feel like one of us getting a hard c tattoo is way more likely than any of us ever fulfilling the julian pact which is definitely saying something. . . also, i'm loving headlights (from one of your previous posts). so good! we need to go see more bands. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you. i agree with your prediction about the tattoos vs the pact, but who knows maybe we'll be lucky enough for both. and yes, we definitely need to see more shows/find more bands in Philly

    ReplyDelete