Thursday, April 30, 2009

The City of Brotherly Love


Picture: Taken from my dorm room window
Song: Seed 2.0, The Roots

Now that it's hot out cars with tinted windows, fresh paint, rims and tricked out (haha cause I know what I'm talking about) suspension cruise down the street with their music blaring. If a car like this drives by girls will literally stop what their doing and start doing 'stanky leg' like moves on the sidewalk. It's kind of hilarious.

The other night a group of these cars got together in the parking lot outside my dorm room window. These are nothing like the car shows we have in New Hampshire, but they are part of the reason I love Philadelphia.

It's easy compare this to life in NH because that's what I know. In NH things are bland in comparison. Sure people have nice green lawns and summer vacation rentals, but they don't have the stories or the character that this city does.

I don't mean to be cliche by playing the Roots with a picture of Philly, but I am in love with Philly and this picture reminds me why. The Roots seem like an appropriate partner for this picture because they too love Philly. They of all people know the energy and character of this city, and this shows in their music.

No comments:

Post a Comment