Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Brushfire Fairytales






My vacation with my family was so nice. I can't really explain how much I love our little vacation spot. The time went by so fast though - it was unbelievable. I think part of the reason it did was that I was constantly splitting my time between the other people my age who go there every year too and my family. I loved spending time with both of them but it kept me super busy.

This reminded me of how fast this past year seemed to go. I love how fast everything happens, and I like doing lots of stuff, but I need to remember to slow down and realize how lucky I am. I don't want to take any of these busy years for granted.

Also my aunt was talking about how when you're stressed/in a high adrenaline scenario something in your brain can change so that you perceive time differently - like when you are in an accident or something and it all feels like slow motion. What if we all have our own perceptions of time? I guess we do, but it's hard to compare how time passes for you and what it feels like for someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment